From ZuluNotes - Free Leaving Cert Notes
Economics is a social science which studies human behaviour and how the scarce resources of the world, which have alternative uses, are distributed in attempting to satisfy the infinite needs and wants of mankind. Economic laws are not statements of fact, an economic law is a statement that in a given set of circumstances, people will probably act in a certain way.
- The Consumer
- Demand, Supply and Market Equilibrium
- The Price Effect - The substitution & income effects.
- Production and consumption
- Economic systems and economic thought
- Price and output
- Factors of Production
- Monetary Policy
- National Income
- The Government in the economy
- International trade and payments
- Terms of trade
- Economics of population
- custom term paper
The exam is one paper which is 2 1/2 hours long.
Section A(100) : 9 short answer questions,do 6, 16 OR 17 marks each
Section B(300) : 8 long questions, do 4, 75 marks each